What is a 1st December box?
A 1st December box is a box filled with festive goodies for the month ahead. Boxes or baskets can be given to individuals or you could put one together for the whole family.
On the surface this might seem like yet another thing created to get us to spend money. However, done slightly differently this could be a lovely new tradition to start that doesn’t have to cost you a penny.
Here are some ideas to fill your Children’s 1st December box…
- List of Christmas films to snuggle up to – we’ve made this printable list of great Christmas films for kids available on Netflix, BBC and Disney + this December.
- Favourite festive food & drinks (popcorn, mince pies, gingerbread, hot chocolate).
- A snuggly blanket or Christmas bedding if you have it.
- Snowman pillow – dress a white pillow up with some stick on eyes, a scarf and hat.
- PJs – these don’t have to be Christmas ones. You could even grab a nice set the kids already have, fold them up and tie a ribbon around them.
- Fluffy socks or slippers.
- Christmas jumper or hat.
- Christmas dinner set if you have one.
- Activity ideas to do throughout Christmas – grab your free advent activity pack here.
- Christmas books – time to resurrect the favourites.
- Christmas themed toys or toys that play into the theme of winter and snow, like penguins or polar bears.
- Decorations suitable for their bedroom or decorations they made last year.
- Baking supplies to make things like gingerbread or mince pies.